Group classes are run over a 3 week period, one 1 hour session per week. Massage techniques are taught in stages, with a full body massage sequence the desired outcome. Lymphatic exercises will be taught to help strengthen the immune system, enhance coordination and increase lymphatic circulation. Learn strokes & sequences to help babies suffering from colic, wind & constipation.
A maximum of 6 babies per group course allows you and your baby to feel comfortable and at ease knowing you can ask questions and keep over stimulation to a minimum.
- Appropriate oils to use on babies.
- Permission sequence.
- Strokes for the legs and buttocks.
- Contraindications (situations where massage should be avoided).
- Parent Relaxation.
- Benefits of infant massage.
- Recognising baby’s daily cycle and the best time to massage.
- Recognising baby’s signals in regards to when they do and don’t want massage.
- Strokes for the abdomen and chest.
- Touch relaxation.
- Developing massage strokes to suit your growing child.
- Strokes for the face, arms and back.
- Discussion on colic.
- Strokes to prevent and relieve colic, wind and constipation.
- Exercises to keep baby flexible and assist lymphatic drainage.
- Review full massage routine.
Course fees include:
3 x 1 hour group sessions.
Instruction guide & organic cold pressed massage oil.
Locally made lactation biscuits & teas to snack on during the class (and to take home!)
A sample bag with some beautiful natural and organic product samples to help you and baby through the first couple of months, supplied by our sponsor BaoBag.